Dear Parents of Pre-k through kinder,
Thank you allowing us the privilege of working with you and your child this year in his/her great adventure-preparing to be ready to learn to read. We want to support you during these precious formative months. We would like not only to give your child a basis for learning to read, but also to help him develop the Biblical traits that will benefit her/him the rest their life. Communication is vital throughout the school year. At any point in the year, don’t hesitate to discuss your child’s development with us. We are engaged in a program that needs your fullest understanding and cooperation for the benefit of your child. To assist your child during this year, here are several projects and suggestions you follow:
- Read daily to your child from books designed for a preschooler. Read and tell him stories about Jesus, God’s Son. Ask comprehension questions.
- Sing songs and listen to good music with her/him.
- Encourage your child to cut out large pictures.
- Discuss colors. He should learn the names of basic colors-red, blue, green, yellow, brown, purple, black.
- Work simple puzzles together.
- Help your child practice zipping, buttoning, tying their shoes and putting on wearing appeal.
- Encourage your child to do as much as he can by himself. Give him specific responsibilities of which she/he is capable, expect her/him to do them, and practice him for each effort.
- Encourage your child to play-with you, with other children, and alone.
- Give her/him a nutritious breakfast each morning and provide a fruit snack for her/his mid-morning break.
- Help her/him to practice courtesies in keeping with her/his age and development.
- Help her/him to feel secure and wanted-show an interest in all she/he does.
- Lead your child to appreciate the wonders of God’s creative handiwork and his great love in sending Jesus Christ as our savior from our sins.
- Teach her/him to pray, and pray with her/him. Help them to memorize Scripture.
- Take them to church regularly.
We are indeed grateful to be able to work with your child. For the upcoming school year, here are some basic materials that he will need.
Your child is like a vessel just waiting to be filled. With your help, we desire to fill them with Godly character, as well as to give him a solid basis for relating to their immediate world. The foundation of learning this year will affect him for a lifetime.
We are looking forward to a great year together!